Thursday, September 10, 2026

UWC #1: Generating Inquiry

#1

Part 1:

Research is integral to well composed writing, asking a genuine research question should require actually digging into and researching the topic, and be something you are truly curious about. A writing project I did in the past was one I did for a gifted class, and I chose to research film. I chose film because it was something I was deeply interested in, yet didn't really know the whole process involved, so the question itself was, "what and who is involved in the process of filmmaking?"

The project itself had you do separate research pages throughout the semester, each with their own due date, I still procrastinated each time though. When I was looking for sources, I didn't just go for, "the process of filmmaking," or, "how movies are made," but I went for specific topics, like, the making of psycho, or interviewing my uncle on set design, or researching composition.

Part 2:

Pose a research question.
To what extent can video games be considered "legitimate" literature/art?
- examples of literature
- examples of art
- examples of games
- defining literature and art

Breakout Group said: 

- no clear cut answer to a research question

Activity

Yellow -  what is a genuine research question?
- Something that cannot be so easily answered
- Something you are curious about

Orange - example and connection to literacy/rhetoric etc.
- How are writing practices involved in film?
- To what extent does/should the author have a say in how their work is perceived?

Post Activity

 

#2

OWG Grounding Excercise

Goals 

I want to become a more engaging writer. I have been interested in writing my own fiction, and I have a lot of ideas that I think are great, but I want to be able to execute them effectively. I'd also like to be able to express myself and my style more clearly in my writing. A common problem I have is going off on tangents, so I would like to become more focused in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Schreier Interview

Alongside the memorial of Troy Driggers, what does the Driggers' Pin mean to you? honestly, it- I never knew troy, I was three when he p...